As we’re leading up to Thanksgiving, I really want to practice thankfulness in my life. We tend to get so caught up in the things that cause us stress and trouble that we forget to be thankful for all the little blessings we have in our lives.
Here are a few of the things I’m thankful for today…
1. My husband, Jeff – He is absolutely an answer to prayer. I honestly never thought I would find someone I wanted to share my life with, and getting married and having a family was one of my greatest desires. About a year and a half ago, this amazing man fell into my life. God’s timing could not have been better. We dated for about 6 months, got engaged in January, and married in March of this year. It’s been such an awesome journey so far, and I can’t wait to see where life takes us. He is my biggest supporter, he encourages me to be better every day, and he keeps me laughing. I can’t imagine doing life without him.
2. My job – This year, I started a new job at a high school in Tuscaloosa. I teach 9th and 11th grade English. I’ve only been here for 6 weeks so far, but I really feel like this is where I’m supposed to be. The faculty here are so friendly and supportive, and I’ve enjoyed working here. I’ve also got a really great group of students this year. They drive me crazy sometimes, but for every moment that I want to pull my hair out, there are plenty of moments where I’m glad this is what I get to do every day. The postcard in the picture above is from one of my sweet foreign exchange students. She gave it to me a few weeks ago, on her country’s Independence Day. This is just one of the many things that students do every day that makes my job the best.
3. Our house – Jeff and I bought our first house this summer. We love having a place that is ours. Jeff really loves our huge yard and the basement, and I adore the big, open kitchen. We looked for a couple months and probably drove our Realtor crazy (I think we looked at 25 houses!), but as soon as we walked into this one we knew it was home. We are so excited to build our lives here!
4. The ability to exercise – My husband is a runner. Like, the kind of runner who signs up for 16 mile races and finishes them in 3 and a half hours. I am NOT a runner, but he has really encouraged me to try to get out there. I love spending time with him, and I always feel better after I exercise. I need to get out and go for a jog way more often than I do. This picture is from February, when I ran my first 5k race. Running a 5k had always been on my bucket list, and Jeff helped me train for it. We haven’t done another race together since, but I am hoping to get back into shape and sign up for another one soon.
5. Teachers Pay Teachers – Seriously, y’all. I don’t think I could do my job without this website and this community of amazing teachers! I learn so much every time I read the TpT blog, and I constantly have a wish list as long as my arm for materials I want to use in my classes. It is probably my most used resource.