I haven’t done a Friday Introductions post in a while, so I thought today would be a good day for one!
I’m Christina, a small town girl from Alabama. I married the greatest guy in the world in March of 2016 and we are expecting our first child any day now. We live in Tuscaloosa with our two cats, George and Pickles. I’m a high school English teacher, so during the summers I get to pretend that I’m a housewife and I love it. I absolutely love cooking (and eating), decorating our home, and attempting to be crafty.
As part of my introduction this week, I thought I’d use this questionnaire that I have seen going around Facebook lately.
Here are 40 random things about me:
- Do you like blue cheese? NO. Not at all!
- Coke or Pepsi? Coke for sure, but Dr. Pepper is my favorite.
- Do you own a gun? Yes.
- What flavor Kool-aid? My favorite is VBS Kool-aid. When I was little, the older ladies at my church always made this special concoction for Vacation Bible School every year. They would mix cherry, grape, and orange Kool-aid mix together, put in way too much sugar, and serve it really, really cold in those little paper Dixie cups. That was the best stuff ever when you came in all sweaty from playing games outside. We only got it that one time of year, and it was probably my favorite thing about VBS every year.
- What do you think of hot dogs? I love them, BUT they have to be good ones (not the little red ones) and they have to be cooked really well. My husband loves Nathan’s hot dogs, which are pretty good. My favorite are the big Ballpark bun sized ones. I also love the ones they have at Sonic.
- Favorite TV show? I watch reruns of Friends on Netflix almost every single day, and it will forever be my favorite show. I also currently love The Walking Dead, Stranger Things, House of Cards, The Office, Fargo, Fixer Upper, and tons of Food Network cooking shows.
- Favorite movie? I can’t narrow this down to just one! The Godfather, Bull Durham, Ever After, Holes, Tombstone… the list could go on and on.
- What do you drink in the morning? NOT coffee. I love the way it smells, but I have never liked the taste. I usually fix a big tumbler of ice water in the morning and sip on it all day. If I have a Coke or Dr. Pepper in the fridge, I’ll drink that first, but I’m trying to quit my Coke habit.
- Can you do a push-up? Just one? Yes. Will my form be perfect? No. Can I do a lot more than one? Nope.
- Favorite jewelry? My engagement and wedding rings. They are the only pieces of jewelry that I wear every day.
- Favorite hobby? This changes according to the seasons. Sometimes it’s cooking, sometimes Bible journaling, sometimes reading. I like to try different things.
- Do you have ADD? No. I’m just busy and have a lot on my mind.
- Do you wear glasses? Yes.
- Favorite cartoon character? Pluto.
- Three things you did yesterday? Took a nap, watched Friends reruns, took cute pictures of my cats.
- Three drinks you drink regularly? Water, sweet tea, orange juice.
- Current worry? Not gonna lie… I’m getting extremely anxious about giving birth soon!!! I have read and heard so may horror stories and I’m just praying that I have a normal, healthy birth.
- Current hates? Swollen feet (did I mention that I’m 9 months pregnant?) and this 100 degree heat.
- Favorite place to go? Anywhere with Jeff – we love going to new places.
- How did you bring in the new year? Jeff was on call, so we spent the night at home.
- Where would you like to go? Alaska.
- What famous person would you want to hang out with for a day? Samantha Ponder.
- Favorite color? Turquoise blue.
- Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I don’t think I have ever slept on satin sheets, so I don’t know.
- Can you whistle? Yes, but my Mamaw Freeman always said that ladies should never whistle, so I almost never do it.
- Where are you now? At home.
- Would you be a pirate? I’m fascinated by pirate movies, but I don’t think I have the right demeanor to actually be one. I’m too much of a goody-two-shoes.
- Favorite food? Seriously? This pregnant woman could write a book of favorite foods right now! I guess my absolute favorite is my mom’s steak and gravy with mashed potatoes.
- What’s in your pockets? I don’t have pockets – I’m wearing running shorts.
- Last thing that made you laugh? Pickles chasing a bug in the living room.
- Favorite animal? I love owls! They are so cute!!!
- What’s your most recent injury? I’m sure it was probably a cat scratch.
- How many TVs are in your house? Three.
- Worst pain ever? Well, so far it would be breaking my foot when I was in high school, but I have a feeling childbirth is going to be worse than that…
- Do you like to dance? Absolutely.
- Are your parents still alive? Yes.
- Do you enjoy camping? I like it, but not for an extended period of time. I love nature, but I also love my modern convinces like air conditioning and a shower.
- How many places have you lived? Five different towns. Too many houses/apartments to count.
- What kind of car do you drive? A Chevy Cruze.
- What is the last station you listened to on the radio? The last thing I listened to was the Jason Isbell station on my Pandora app.
I’d love to get to meet you! Tell me a few things about yourself in the comments!