I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! If you’re like me, you have a fridge full of food leftover from yesterday’s feast. Today, I’m sharing five quick and easy ideas for serving up those leftovers!
- The Leftover Sandwich – Have you ever seen the episode of Friends where someone eats Ross’s leftover Thanksgiving sandwich and he loses his mind over it? It had a “moist maker,” after all! I can totally relate, because I love a leftover sandwich. I found a recipe that recreates Ross’s sandwich, but I keep my leftover sandwich pretty simple. Toast some bread and layer on leftover turkey, spread on a couple scoops of dressing, then add lettuce, some red onion, and a little cranberry sauce. The toasted bread and lettuce give it a nice crunch to contrast the soft turkey and dressing.
- Open-Faced Turkey Sandwich – I’ve been making this copycat recipe from Bates House of Turkey in Greenville, AL, for years. This week, we actually got to stop at Bates on our way to the beach and try the original. It’s probably been 20 years since I’ve eaten there, but it was just like I remembered it (although, Jeff says my copycat recipe is actually better than theirs, but he’s a little biased).
- Thanksgiving in a Blanket – I found this video on Facebook this week and can’t wait to try it. I’ll roll anything in a crescent roll if given the opportunity, so leftover Thanksgiving food in a crescent sounds perfect.
- Thanksgiving Egg Rolls – Because the only way to make Thanksgiving food any better is to roll it all up together and fry it. Whoever made up this recipe has to be from Alabama. I’m actually wondering why I never thought of this…
- Turkey and Stuffing Muffins– So, we don’t do “stuffing” at my house. We have dressing instead, but I think you could use dressing in this recipe, too. These muffins would make a great snack or lunch.
I hope you enjoy these leftover recipes! What do you do with your leftovers? Let me know in the comments!