There is something so comforting about eating a warm meal from a bowl. This quick veggie and steak combo is perfect for a quick weeknight meal when you want something tasty and healthy that you can put together in 10 minutes or less.
- 2 thin ribeye steaks
- 1 bag of frozen mixed veggies that can be steamed in the bag (I used a combo of broccoli, carrots, squash, and cauliflower)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Coconut Aminos
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Coat the pan with a glug of olive oil and a teaspoon of ghee.
- Season the steaks with salt and black pepper. Place in the skillet with the melted ghee and cook for about 4 minutes on each side.
- While steaks are cooking, steam the frozen veggies in the bag in the microwave using the instructions on the bag.
- Remove the steaks from the skillet and add a little bit more olive oil. Toss the steamed veggies in the pan and season with a little salt. Saute the veggies for about 2 minutes, until they just start to get some color.
- Scoop veggies into a bowl. Slice the steaks into think strips. Put the steak strips on top of the veggies and drizzle with a little coconut aminos for extra flavor.
Recipe serves 2.
This recipe is Whole 30 compliant.