January felt like the longest month ever. Jeff was out of town for two weeks for work, Jack had the stomach virus and an ear infection, I caught strep throat last week, Jeff caught the stomach virus from Jack, we had so many bad weather days and missed a ton of days of school due to ice, which threw our schedule completely out of whack…it was a crazy month!
Needless to say, I am ready to welcome this new month. Hopefully, we will all be able to get and stay well.
Here are some of the things we’ve got going on this month:
- Valentine’s Day date (look for some fun at-home date night dinner recipes this month)
- Jeff’s birthday (and his favorite chocolate cake)
- My little brother’s birthday (and his favorite chocolate tall cake recipe)
I’m currently going through my Whole30 Reintroduction and figuring out my personal Food Freedom plan, and I am hoping to be able to share that with you soon! I’m still focusing on my One Little Word for this year and am trying to savor the little moments of our day-to-day lives.
Here are a few of my goals for this month:
- Make the bed every day – This is a discipline that I think will help me begin the day on a positive note by checking off a task first thing. I also love coming home to a neatly made bed.
- Read more – I didn’t finish a single book in January. I sat down to read a few times, but it was just such a crazy month that I didn’t finish anything I started. This month, I want to finish the two books I started in January.
- Drink more water – I struggled with drinking enough water even on the Whole30, and I am trying to make drinking water into a habit so it doesn’t feel like a chore.
- Workout more consistently – I feel like I got a pretty good grip on my eating habits in January. Now I need to focus on exercise and finding a workout plan that works for me.
- No spending – This month, I want to cut down on spending and will be doing that by not buying any new clothes, makeup, books, toys for Jack, home decor items, or things for my classroom.
What are your plans for February? Let me know in the comments!