There are only three more weeks left in this school year, and then I will have two glorious months to stay home with Jack and spend all my time with him. We’ve got a few trips with family planned for this summer already, and I want to make sure that we do lots of fun things while I’m off work, so I’m working on a bucket list of things we can do that are cheap (or free!) and local. If you have any suggestions for fun things to do with a one-year-old in Tuscaloosa or Birmingham, let me know!
Our Summer Bucket List
- Trip to Arkansas with Mamaw and Pop Pop
- Trip to Georgia with Grandma Ellen, Aunt Beth, Uncle Stephen, and Zachary
- Visit the Birmingham Zoo
- Visit the Tuscaloosa Barnyard Petting Zoo
- Paint something together at All Fired Up
- Hike at Lake Lurleen
- Go swimming
- Explore the River Walk
- Host Jack’s First Birthday Party!
- Visit the Library
- Build a fort
- Camp in a tent at Lake Lurleen
- Have a picnic at the park
- Spend the day with Mamaw at the Farmers’ Market