This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. If you make a purchase by using one of these links, The Nap Time Foodie will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read more about our affiliate relationships and advertising here. Thank you for shopping through these links and supporting The Nap Time Foodie.
I have been saving up all my monthly selections from Book of the Month club and am planning to finally make a dent in my pile this summer. I also have a few books that were recommended to me by friends and family and some that I’ve been meaning to read for a long time now. My list is pretty long, so I doubt that I’ll get to all of these books, but I am hoping that I can read at least four or five of these before school starts back, and I’m going to try to make more time for reading in my regular routine once I go back to work in August, so hopefully I can get through this list by the end of the year.
- The Perfect Mother by Aimee Molloy – This is my most recent Book of the Month selection and the book I am currently reading. I am really enjoying it so far.
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio – I have heard so many amazing things about this book that I want to read it for myself and see what all the fuss is about.
- Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker – This is a Book of the Month selection from a few months ago that has been sitting on my shelf. It had great reviews and is supposed to be a fast read, so I’m looking forward to reading it.
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls – I bought this book when I saw the trailer for the movie and have yet to read it. I want to read it before I watch the movie, though.
- A Torch Kept Lit by William F. Buckley – I bought this book for my dad and he said that it is a must read.
- Fierce Kingdom by Gin Phillips – This is one I started around Thanksgiving last year and have not been able to finish yet due to time and to the fact that it kept making me feel on edge (the story is about a mother who is trapped in a hostage situation with her young son, and it is really well written and I keep having to put it down because my maternal instincts are going crazy and I can feel my anxiety getting too high).
- Desperation Road by Michael Ferris Smith – The author was my Creative Writing professor in college, so I’m interested to read this one.
- Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell – This is a recent Book of the Month selection. My mom read it and said it was really good.
- Into Thin Air by John Krakauer – I loved Into the Wild, so I have high expectations for this book.
- Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt – My mother-in-law gave me this book and suggested I read it after Jeff and I went to Savannah earlier this year.