Last month was a busy one. We tried to make time for more family things and were able to take Jack to two different pumpkin patches. He also got to go Trick or Treating for the first time this year, so I think we made the most of the month’s holiday (even though it isn’t my favorite).
Here’s a quick recap of our month:
- Jack started off the month with an ear infection paired with a high fever and he missed a couple days of school and we had to spend a couple days at the doctor’s office and the ENT office, but he healed well and the ENT said his hearing was fine and didn’t want to rush into tubes, so we’re going back for another visit in December for him to recheck everything and make a decision about what to do from there.
- While I was at home with Jack, I made these super yummy pumpkin spice pancakes.
- Jeff and I decided to be weekend warriors and installed a new French door going from our kitchen to the back deck. I finished painting the kitchen cabinets and we updated the planters on our front porch with fall plants and pumpkins.
- My mom and I took Jack to Country Pumpkins, where he had a blast playing on the playground and in the corn.
- We went to the Tuscaloosa Barnyard with Jack’s Grandma Ellen, Aunt Beth, and cousins. Jack loved feeding the animals and riding the pony.
- Jeff and I went to his cousin’s wedding and Jack got to go trick or treating with his Mamaw Tina.
- On Halloween, we went to our church’s Fall Festival. Jack loved plying the games.