If you’re looking for a protein option that packs a ton of flavor and is made with all clean ingredients, this is it!
These sweet and spicy grilled pork chops have almost converted my husband into a pork chop fan (which is a big deal, because he has always hated them). The secret is in the sweet and spicy sauce that you baste the chops with while they cook to keep them from drying out. It also packs a ton of flavor, and the ingredients are all great.
- 4 boneless pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- Avocado oil (to grease the grill)
- Season both sides of the chops with salt and pepper and set aside
- Heat your grill or griddle to 350 degrees (I use a Presto griddle like this one).
- Coat the grill with some avocado oil to prevent sticking (avocado oil has a high smoking point, so it’s great for this).
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, apple juice, cinnamon, and chili powder. Which together until we’ll combined.
- Use a silicone basting brush (I love this one) to coat one side of the pork chops with the apple juice and honey mixture.
- Place pork chops on the grill with the side you just basted face down. Baste the other side of the pork chops while cooking. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Flip chops and add some more of the apple juice and honey mixture to the side that’s already been grilled. Baste a few times while cooking for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- You should have a really good char on the outside of each chop (from the honey).
- Make sure chips are done all the way through (they should be white inside, with no pink).
- Remove chops from grill and let rest on a cutting board for about 5 minutes.
- Slice chops into thin strips and serve with whatever sides you like (we love roasted veggies like broccoli, yellow squash, zucchini, onion, and potatoes).
This recipe is gluten free!