I don’t know what happened, but I feel like I blinked and June just disappeared. What is it about time off work that makes time seem to fly by?
July is my last month off before returning to work in August, and it’s going to be a super busy month! We are packing in lots of DIY projects, a family vacation, and Jack’s second birthday party into this month, so I’m sure with all that going on it will fly by just like June did.
Here are some of the fun plans we have for July:
- Family trip to Arkansas and Oklahoma
- Half bath makeover (that’s been in progress since we moved in LAST July)
- Finishing Jack’s outdoor play area
- Planning Jack’s second birthday party (which is a joint party with his first cousin and has a fun dinosaur theme!)
- Finishing all our little DIY projects, like painting the front door, working on landscaping around the porch, and painting the interior doors black
I’m also going to try my best to get Jack back on a consistent schedule so the transition back to school in August won’t be such a big deal. We’re currently trying to get him to sleep in his own bed and he is definitely winning the battle of wills right now, so I’d love any tips or ideas you have for getting a toddler to sleep in his own room! Please help a mama out and share your secrets in the comments.
I hope you are having a wonderful summer and are squeezing as much fun out of it as you can. Happy July!