Need a simple, delicious, and healthy side dish for your 4th of July barbecue tomorrow? Try this fresh fruit salad!
Ingredients (for the salad)
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 cup strawberries, cut into quarters
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 banana, sliced
Ingredients (for the dressing)
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 2-3 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, and mint to make the dressing.
- Add all fruit, except banana, to the bowl with the dressing and toss to coat fruit with the dressing. This mixture can be refrigerated for a few days (this is a good salad to make ahead the night before).
- Add sliced banana right before serving and toss with other fruit and dressing.
Note: When I first made this recipe, I used 4-5 mint leaves in the dressing. It was good, but after a night in the fridge, the mint flavor was very strong. I adjusted the mint down because of that, but if you really love fresh mint, you can add a few more leaves to the dressing.