This meal comes together pretty fast and is great for meal prep. It packs well for lunches and heats up well.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 can black beans
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thin
- Taco seasoning (I use this one)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- In a medium sauce pan, prepare the rice according to package directions (I like Minute Rice because of the fast cook time).
- While rice cooks, wash the chicken tenders and pat dry.
- Drizzle chicken tenders with olive oil, salt, and pepper and grill on a skillet or griddle for about 6 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Heat corn in the microwave (about 5 minutes) and set aside.
- Heat black beans in the microwave (about 5 minutes) and set aside.
- Slice a green bell pepper and 1/2 onion into thin strips.
- Chop up grilled chicken tenders and sauté in a hot skillet with peppers and onions until peppers are soft.
- Season chicken and pepper mixture with 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water.
- Simmer while you build the bowls.
- Once rice is cooked, season with salt, pepper, fresh chopped cilantro, and the juice of 1/2 a lime. Stir well.
- Build your bowls: add 1/2 cup of cooked cilantro lime rice to the bottom of the bowl. Top with 1/4 cup beans and 1/4 cup corn. Add about 1/2 cup chicken and pepper mixture.
- Once bowls are assembled, make a quick cilantro lime dressing by combining a few tablespoons of olive oil with the juice of 1 lime, a pinch of salt and pepper, and 1 teaspoon fresh chopped cilantro.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Drizzle over rice bowls and serve with a wedge of lime.