After the year we all had in 2020, I decided it was definitely time to focus (there’s that word again – get ready to see it a lot this year) on the positive in 2021. Each month, I’m planning to share a favorites post where I include random things that have made me smile or that I have found and loved during the month. I think this will be a really fun post each month and hope that you will share some of your favorites in the comments as well!
Songs I’ve been listening to on repeat:
- We Were Rich by Runaway June
- When You’re My Age by Lori McKenna
- Better Together by Luke Combs
- New Wine by Hillsong
- Morgan Wallen’s new album, Dangerous
Books I loved this month:
- Praying Through The Bible for Your Kids – I saw this book mentioned on Instagram and immediately bought it. I love that it leads you in reading through the Bible in a year, which I have actually never done before. For each day’s Bible reading, there is a short devotion and prayer to pray over your children. I have loved it so much that I bought a second one for Jeff to have so we can read through it together. If you don’t already have a daily devotional, I highly recommend this one!
- All Over but the Shoutin’ by Rick Bragg – I am a sucker for Southern writers (wonder why?). I have read lots of articles by Bragg in the past, and I honestly can’t believe that I just now picked up this book by him, but I absolutely loved it. I probably drove Jeff nuts while I was reading it because I was constantly finding lines I loved and texting them to him (that kind of thing is normal when you marry an English teacher, by the way). If you are from the South, I definitely think you will love this book. If you aren’t from the South (bless your heart), it will make you wish you were.
My most popular recipe this month:
- The most popular recipe on the blog this month was… One Pot Southern Veggie and Sausage Soup!
Exciting things happening around Blueberry Hill:
- We signed Jack up for K4 this month! I can’t believe my first baby is about to be old enough to actually go to real school, but he is excited. We will find out if he gets chosen for the class (it is a lottery system) in a few months, but we are hoping and praying he gets in!
- We also signed Jack up for t-ball this month! The season will start in March and we are SO EXCITED! This is one of those things I was most looking forward to when we found out we were having a boy and I hope he loves playing.
Best purchases of the month:
- We combined some Christmas gift cards with a great rebate deal on Amazon and got a Eufy robot vacuum at the beginning of January, and it has definitely been one of our best purchases. We got it to replace our old robot vacuum, which we had for two years and was completely worn out. Since every robot vacuum needs a name, we named our first one Robo Kitty (since we have pet cats and it was like a third pet running around on the floor) and we have kept that name for the Eufy. One thing we absolutely love about the Eufy is how quiet it is. With our other robot vacuum, we usually turned it on as we were leaving the house in the morning because it was so loud and we didn’t want it running while we were home, but with the Eufy, we can turn it on pretty much anytime. We like to run it at night after the boys go to bed and it is quiet enough that it doesn’t disturb them or us.
- This might be a little technical and be behind-the-scenes info that nobody asked for or cares about, but I got a new plug-in for the blog this month that allows me to make my recipes much easier for you to access, save, and print out. I’m in the process of updating all my old posts to use this recipe card feature, and I’m basically geeking out every time I update one and see how it looks when it is published. I hope you love the new format as much as I do, and I hope this makes it easier for you to find and use my recipes in the future.
Some favorite moments from this month: