I have never studied the love languages (I should do that, I know), but even without reading the book and studying it, I can tell you that my love language is gifts. I LOVE giving people gifts and will literally seek out occasions to do so. It should come as no surprise that I am all about celebrating little holidays like Valentine’s Day whenever I can buy giving people cute gifts. I’ve rounded up some of my favorite gift ideas in this post.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you shop through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
I tried to give a few options for kids, guys, and girls in the selections I made. Most of these items are available from Amazon (I checked to make sure shipping was available by Valentine’s Day), but I also included some small businesses that are local to Tuscaloosa.
- Rush Hour Logic Game – Jack loves playing a similar game to this on my phone, so I am getting him this game so he can still have the same challenge with less screen time.
- Green Toys Fire Plane – My boys are OBSESSED with the movie Planes Fire and Rescue right now, so this fire plane is perfect for them. I also love anything by Green Toys. They are made from recycled materials and are super sturdy and hold up great. My boys have tons of different toys from this company and they are all in perfect condition after hours and hours of play (even being in the sandbox).
- Leap Frog 100 Words Book – I got this book for my niece for Christmas and she loves it! It is perfect for toddlers who are just learning to talk and for older kids who are learning to read.
- LED Flashlight Gloves – Jeff is constantly working on some kind of project for me, and he loves flashlights, so I thought these would be a funny, but also useful, gift for him.
- Personalized Pocket Knife – Order by Feb. 5th for delivery by Valentine’s Day! Jeff has this exact knife that we got him for Father’s Day last year (I think). It is a great size and the engraving looks awesome.
- Oontz Angle Waterproof Speaker – This is a perfect gift for your hubby or for a teenager. We have one and love that it is super portable. It also sounds great, especially for a speaker at this price point.
- Earring Set for Teen Girls – I gave this set to my cousin’s little girl, who is a pre-teen, as a Christmas gift. I love that the set comes with multiple pairs of earrings and I love the rose gold and silver metal colors.
- Bounce Battle Game – We have the original Bounce Off game and love it. The Bounce Battle game takes the challenge to another level and it great for all ages of players.
- The Office or FRIENDS themed coffee mug – This is the perfect gift for a coworker or friend.
- Monogrammed Stationary – You can customize the colors and fonts on this set to make it perfect for the person you want to gift it to. These would be great for a new bride or newly engaged person who has new initials and will need to be writing lots of thank you notes for shower gifts.
- Snap N Strain Strainer – If you have a friend who loves to cook, this little contraption is the best and they will love you forever for introducing it to them.
- Skinnytaste Cookbook – My mom has this cookbook and I have had it on my wish list forever. It has super yummy recipes and the photography in the book is gorgeous. This would be perfect for anyone who loves to cook.
- Valentine’s Day Tea Towel – Tea towels make super cute gifts when paired with a favorite candy or even a Starbucks giftcard.
- Dainty Gold Necklace – I love how dainty this necklace is. It will go with everything.
I love supporting small businesses when I can, so I have also linked some of my favorite shops in Northport and Tuscaloosa if you are local.
- Jennaration Boutique – This boutique carries cute clothes, shoes, and accessories.
- Wildcat Nutrition – I swore I wasn’t going to be one of those people who got addicted to these nutrition shakes, but I have to admit that they are good. I sometimes stop by here for a quick breakfast or lunch shake. The staff is super friendly, and they offer gift cards!
- Udderly Joyful Soapworks – I found this soap at the Tuscaloosa River Market. The soaps are made with goat’s milk and they smell amazing. They are our favorite soaps to use.
- Hudson-Poole Fine Jewelers – This is my favorite jewelry store in town. Jeff and I got our wedding bands here. The people who run the store are super nice and helpful, and they have a great selection of jewelry at all different price points.
- Expeditions – This is where Jeff almost always goes to get my gifts for any occasion (usually on the day of the occasion – gifts is NOT his love language). They have clothing and accessories, and a few years ago he got me a great wallet/keychain that I love and still use every single day.
- Clayfully Unique – My coworker recently started this jewelry shop and makes the cutest earrings. You can find her shop on Facebook or Instagram. Look how cute these earrings are:
Of course, I love getting the boys in on the action when it comes to gifts, and I found some really cute free printables that you can print out and let your kids color and pass out as fun little Valentine’s Day happy gifts for friends or teachers:
- Color Your Own Valentine’s Day Cards
- Foldable Valentine’s Day Card
- Valentine’s Day Bible Verse Printables
I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!