This banana bread recipe is the only one my family has ever used and it comes out perfect every single time.
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- In a mixer, combine the butter and sugar.
- Add the beaten egg. Mix well.
- Add the mashed bananas and chopped nuts. Mix well.
- Add the flour to the wet ingredients and mix until batter is well blended.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan. I put a few extra nuts and a little sprinkle of sugar on top to make it look pretty.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour, until bread is a nice, golden brown.
Recipe can be doubled, but if you double it you should only use three bananas.
This recipe is also great for muffins, just adjust your cooking time. Cook muffins for about 30 minutes, until they are a nice, golden brown.